Saturday, November 7
We hope you enjoyed the Fall Virtual Technology Conference.
Zoom is the new webinar app that APCUG is using to bring the conference to you over the internet. We have been testing it internally for the past few months and have found it easier to use than the app we were using before. You can use your desktop, laptop or Android or iOS mobile device to attend the conference.
- All your hard work and that of the team is certainly appreciated.
John Roy (TPCUG-CT President)
- A great job that you guys did. Thanks to you & everyone associated with this effort.
Warner Mach, Sterling Heights Computer Club
- Learned things I needed to know. Glad I was able to hear and see such good presentations.
Mildred Lucky, Winnipeg Computer User Group
- I listened intently to the 1 and 4 PM presentations (had wireless headphones for 2 and 3 and was multitasking). I found them very informative and well done. Thank you APCUG.
Bruce Brockman, President, Northeast Ohio PC Club
- I have to hand it to you folks for a wonderful job on the Fall conference. I was amazed at the professional attitude I observed from here when ‘Murphy’ showed up. Please know that I felt the frustration that you all must have been feeling in sorting out issues. You guys did fantastic. All the presentations were well done. In speaking for myself, I did get something out of each presentation. For us up here in Canada, this is a shot in the arm and great help to furthering the knowledge of our members. Great job folks!
Betty Holtskog, Chairperson
Vernon PC Users Club
Vernon, BC. Canada
From the Chats….
- Thnx SO VERY, VERY MUCH. Will watch email for info about the videos being uploaded to YouTube.
- Thanks for the presentations! Really enjoyed all of them! Very informative! David Leeseburg, Chicago Computer Society
2016 Dates — February 20, May 7, August 20, November 5
1:00 pm – 1:50 pm ET | 12 noon – 12:50 pm CT
11:00am – 11:50 am MT | 10:00 am – 10:50 am PT
This presentation covers how Hewie uses Evernote and Feedly to find interesting tech news and save that information to be used for his SIG, blogs, and his Facebook posts. If you are frustrated when looking for an article that you read yesterday, last week, or last year, see how you can organize and save everything you might want to read or share easily, and find quickly. You will see how he sifts through hundreds or thousands of articles, find an interesting one and saves and categorizes it in a searchable format. All of his saved articles are accessible from his PC, tablets, or phone.
2:00 pm – 2:50 pm Eastern | 1:00 pm – 1:50 pm Central
12:00 noon – 12:50 pm Mountain | 11:00 am – 11:50 am Pacific
For the past eight years, we have been using various models of Webcams to remotely spy on our homes, businesses, and pets. The Internet provides us with two key services for our use of Webcams: A means of communicating with a Webcam from points unknown and cloud storage for saving snapshots and video clips either automatically or on-demand. Francis will talk about legacy USB webcam cable length limitations and Netgear’s “Arlo” webcam. You will learn all about the new technology in his presentation.
3:00 pm – 3:50 pm Eastern | 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm Central
1:00 pm – 1:50 pm Mountain | 12 noon – 12:50 pm Pacific
iOS 9 is full of enhancements you’ll appreciate every day. The more you do with iOS 9, the more you’ll wonder how you ever did without it. Jere will cover all the way up to iOS 9.1.
- Apps become more essential
- New multitasking features on iPads make you even more productive
- Siri can do more than ever
- New Emojis, Apple News in the UK, iMovie updated with 4K support
- Enhance performance, battery life, and security
4:00 pm – 4:50pm Eastern | 3:00 pm – 3:50 pm Central
2:00 pm – 2:50 pm Mountain | 1:00 pm – 1:50 pm Pacific
Do you use good e-mail etiquette practices? Do you back up your e-mail? Have you created folders in your Inbox? Do you know about the Can-Spam ACT and making sure you give people an opportunity to Opt Out of receiving e-mail messages you might send in a mass mailing? Elliott’s presentation will cover all of this plus e-mail security and more.