The Association of Personal Computer User Groups (APCUG) is an International, platform-independent, volunteer-run, nonprofit organization devoted to helping member User Groups offer enhanced services to their members. Listed below are some of the membership benefits:
- Speakers Bureau – Complete a Speakers Bureau request form to have an SB member give an interactive presentation to your group via Zoom. There are over 100 presentations listed.
- Wednesday Workshops – We have had presentations on Windows 10 from an Insiders point of view, Password Managers, Home Automation, Learning Linux (10), Drones, Wi-Fi, Modems & Routers, Macs vs. PCs, Backing Up, Cutting the Cord, Genealogy, Wyze Security Cameras, Evernote Basics for 2021 & OneNote, Mailchimp, Robots and Seniors & 3D Printing, MeWe Social Media & Online Privacy, Email 101 & Proton Mail, and more to come.
- Virtual Technology Conferences – Free Online Presentations held quarterly (February, May, August, and November). Your members can attend the VTC presentations from the comfort of their own homes. APCUG uses Zoom that is very easy to use.
- PUSH Newsletter Articles – Your group’s editor receives articles they can use in your group’s newsletter. Articles are written by other group officers, members, sponsors, etc. APCUG has also received permission from many bloggers to use their articles in their newsletters.
- Discounts and Special Offers – Your group will occasionally receive information regarding sponsor discounts and/or special offers to be shared with your members.
- User Group Newsletters Online – Is your editor looking for ideas for your newsletter? There are links to many APCUG-member group newsletters that contain program ideas, fundraising ideas, and more.
- Website Hosting – For groups that cannot find or afford online space locally, APCUG will host their website. Send an email to the Online Services committee at ols (at) apcug.org for information about this benefit.
- UGLS — Neighbors to Help Out – Use the UGLS to communicate with groups within driving distance of your club – share presenters, help each other out, cross-advertise … Everyone Benefits.
- APCUG Website – Find out what is happening with APCUG! Check out the Tech, Apple, Linux, and Chromebook tips. Book an interactive webinar for your meeting and much more. www.apcug2.org
- Help for your User Group – Information for program chairs, growing your group, newsletter & PR guidelines, etc., from various sources, including past conferences and regional events.
- eBulletin, Newsletter, Website, and Digital Photo Contests – Held annually, members of your group are invited to enter the digital photo contest, and groups may enter their eBulletin, newsletter, and/or website in those contests.
- Don Singleton Volunteer of the Year Award (VOTY) – Volunteers are the background of APCUG and its member groups — submit one of your members for the annual VOTY award. Someone becomes the VOTY every other year.
- NOOZ email sent to your group’s officers – Advisors periodically send a NOOZ email to all officers listed in the UGLS. This email contains information on what is happening with APCUG, VTC information, etc.
- Quarterly Reports — Ideas for your group – Reports, APCUG’s official communication, is sent to all officers listed in the member database. It contains info on what is happening in each region, program ideas, tips and tricks, and more.
- Solutions to Your Problems — Your Region Advisor – The people who keep APCUG functioning are among the greatest assets that member groups have going for them. They have been there and done that. If they don’t have a solution, they will forward the request for help to all the Advisors and Directors – someone will be sure to have a solution.
Follow us @