2021 Digital Photo Contest
**Contests are only open to APCUG-member groups**
APCUG is pleased to announce its 2021 Photo Contest showcasing the talents of its member group photographers!
Photographers who won in 2020 are not eligible to enter the 2021 contest
- The contest begins on September 6 and ends on September 30. Entries not received via email on or before September 30 will be disqualified.
- One photo per member may be entered in each of the four categories
- Entries are to be submitted via email in .jpg format, not to exceed 4MB each
- Each entry will receive an acknowledgment email
- Photos are to be without borders
- Cropped photos are eligible in all categories. Only digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos may be entered in the Digitally Altered Photos category. Minor adjustments, including sharpening, contrast, toning, and slight color adjustment, are acceptable for all categories. The addition and subtraction of objects is not permitted except in the Altered Photos category. If the judges determine that a photographer has altered their photo, they reserve the right to move it to Altered Photos or disqualify it.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each category will receive the appropriate certificate, and prize.
Digitally Altered Photos
Photographs that are more than just enhanced through digital fine-tuning. Alterations
may include using an oil paint effect or significant digital alteration of light and lines.
The photographer should describe the digital enhancement or manipulation applied to
Landmarks, people, businesses, parks, recognizable locations in your town and
Pets Enjoying Life
Positive Aging 60+
Featuring the great aspects of aging.
- Technical Skill
- Visual Impact
Email your .jpg entries to digitalphotocontest AT apcug.org. Please send one email per photo.
Subject: Pets Enjoying Life – Your name
**Please only put the following information in the body of each email (one photo per email):
- Category and name of the photo
- Your name and email address
- Name of your group
- Name of the group’s president and email address
**Please save your photos using the following format:
category_lastnamefirstname_ picture name
pets_enjoying_life_smithbob_Rusty playing with the frisbee.jpg
**Entries received without the complete information as noted above will be returned.
You retain ownership and all rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, entrants grant APCUG permission, royalty-free, to publish submitted photos on the organization’s website and Reports newsletter. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible.