Dear Member Group Officers,
You have proven you have what it takes to volunteer and help your fellow club members. Have you ever considered becoming a Director or Advisor?
APCUG is seeking candidates for 2021; Directors serve for three years, Advisors serve for two years.
You may “volunteer” by nominating yourself or nominate someone else with his/her approval.
The management of all the affairs, property, and interests of the Association shall be vested in the Board Directors (BOD). The BOD is responsible for APCUG’s day-to-day operation as well as for the performance of the organization in all areas of its work:
- Fulfill its mission statement
- Make decisions in the best interest of the organization
- Prudent use of all assets
- Secure adequate financial resources for the organization to fulfill its mission
- Adhere to legal and ethical standards and norms to advance its mission
The Board of Advisors acts as a liaison between APCUG and member groups. Advisor responsibilities include:
- Attend one board meeting a month.
- Regular communication with all groups in his/her region.
- Recommend new programs/benefits for APCUG to help groups better serve their members.
- Assist with user group problems. (Since Advisors are or have been officers in their group, they might have had the same problem(s) and can provide suggestions or have learned how other groups have handled the problem. They can also draw on the experience of other BOD / BODA members.)
- Visit groups, if possible, in his/her region, making presentations, etc.
- Recruit new APCUG member groups.
All nominations must be received by October 15.
If you or someone in your group is interested in becoming a Director or Advisor, please send a current picture and bio (no more than 250 words) describing your activities within your group, why you are running, and hope to accomplish if elected to the APCUG Elections Committee at email@example.com